Pages

Friday 14 March 2014

Fia - fia

There are really exciting things at Point England School that we do every year in term one. We have Fia fia!
In Fia Fia kids at Point England School get into their culture groups like Hip hop and other groups. I’m in the senior Hip hop group for fia fia. Hip hop is a contemporary dance.

We have practices every Thursday afternoon. It starts at 2:00 to 3:00. That means it goes on for 1 hour. In practices we find songs to dance to and dance moves.

In every dance group, there will always be a tutor. Tutors can be your teacher’s, parent’s and families. Tutors are people who teach you dance moves for your dance. While you follow the instructors from your tutor, so that you can get it right the first time. In senior Hip hop our tutor is Miss King.

In our senior hip hop group, we’ve learnt some dance moves to half of the song. We learnt the moves from Levi and Mele. It’s really fun to learn the dance, but we have to put a little bit of effort in it. Hip hop is fun because I’m with my friends and the dance move’s are really interesting.

Last year I was in Cook island drumming. I was the only girl doing cook island drumming. I did Cook island so I can show that girls can do drumming too not just boys. This year is my last year doing Fia fia, so I joined senior hip hop with my friends to have fun and enjoy myself.

We have two groups for our senior hip hop, one for the  girls and one for the boys. We take parts of the song. We do this so we can find more dance moves faster. In our dance, there are movements, spanning, pointing, come forwards and backwards and hand movements.  

Hip hop is really cool and fun. It’s good for exercise.
You never know you might like hip hop too.



1 comment:

  1. Hello Helen,
    I just finished reading your post about FIA-FIA, and I thought your writing was good. I like that you said that girls can do drumming too, girls can do anything. Next time for your writing try to be more descriptive. Good work and keep it up.
    BY LISIA

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.